Monday, February 16, 2009

short note

Hello all, wow I haven’t blogged in ages! Just thought I’d make sure you all know I’m still alive and well. Living here is a quite an experience, from the busy trains to the super clubs. It has the madness of India infused with the glamour of Hollywood and the street-cred of London. Being here is like being at the centre of a large, unorganized wheel that’s constantly moving, albeit jerkily and with a backwards slide or stall every now and then. I can’t tell you how often you will come up against both open-minded hospitality and narrow-minded ideas and politics. Saturday was Valentines day, a day which is a big too commercial for its own good. While many of us rise above this and use the day to share our love with one another in India Valentines day has become a hugely controversial event, centered around western corruption and modern influences. (it ended up with gangs going around beating or marrying people caught cuddling in public in some parts of India!) I like living here, though I have to admit it’s mainly because I get to live with Gayle!

1 comment:

paordehugh said...

"Gangs go around beating or marrying cuddling couples".. interesting gangs!