Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ireland 2009

I have decided after a long time to return to my blog. I did miss writing little notes on stuff I found interesting or did. So with that in mind I've decided to re-open this blog. This time though it won't be about my experiences in India, but in Ireland, and wherever else I end up.

Trying to stay motivated is a very hard thing I find. Keeping focus when all around you is distraction is difficult to say the least. It's even worse when you have to do something you dislike. At the moment I'm trying to fill in applications for work, which is bloody tedious. "I feel I have the skills for this particular job…" Selling yourself is bloody hard, but not impossible. So I'll keep plugging away at it and see what happens. Who knows, maybe someone will actually like what I write?!

It's summer in Ireland, but don't let that fool you. It could rain at any minute, or the sun could come out and turn it into a scorcher of a day. It's like a very dull and annoying game of chance. What should I wear today? Even on the hottest day I'd keep a jumper nearby, cause at night it gets bloody freezing (like the sahara). But enough about weather, I'm sorry to announce that Ireland got beaten by India in the twenty20 cricket match last night. It's a shame, would have bought the jersey if they had and paraded down Marine Drive (in Mumbai) with it. I still don't understand the rules of cricket though, but that's my loss.

Anyway, I'm going to go back and see if I can progress my life a small bit more. Doing a lifesaving course this weekend. 3 days of intensive training in how to save lives, only thing is I haven't swam in ages, so it'll be interesting how I survive the weekend. If I don't post next week look for my body in the pool!!

No comments: